- Post by Matias Aguirre
- Created: 04 March 2010
jUpgrade is a simple Joomla 1.5 component that will download a version of Joomla 2.5, decompress it and install it. After that, it should migrate all of the data from old Joomla 1.5 to the new Joomla 2.5 installation.
- PHP v5.2.4+
- IIS/Windows: MySQL v5.1 - Linux/Apache: MySQL v5.0.4+
- Curl module of PHP enabled.
- Joomla! 1.5 installed.
- Enable System - Mootools Upgrade plugin that is included in Joomla 1.5.19 and greater.
Latest stable version v2.5.2
Latest development version v2.5.3alpha1
- Banners - 100%
- Categories - 100%
- Contacts - 100%
- Content - 100%
- Menus - 100%
- Modules - 100%
- Newsfeeds - 100%
- Users - 100%
- Weblinks - 100%
3rd party extensions:
3rd extensions are removed from jUpgrade, if you like to migrate your site with your 3rd party extensions you should use jUpgradePro.
When you get the file, you need to login on the administration of our Joomla 1.5 and then you will need to go to the installation menu.
Later we need to selected our downloaded file to begin the installation.
The steps to test it
If you are trying a first time:
1) Install the component in your Joomla 1.5 site.
2) Run the upgrade
Test a new version
1) remove ROOT/tmp/joomla17.zip and ROOT/tmp/size.tmp
2) remove ROOT/jupgrade directory
3) delete all j17_ tables (except j17_jupgrade_categories)
4) Remove old jUpgrade installation and install the new version
5) Go to the component and set "Skip download" to 'No' in the settings
6) F5 to reload the browser
7) Run upgrade
jUpgrade by Matias Aguirre is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at matware.com.ar.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://matware.com.ar/contact-us.html.